Who: Open to all currently enrolled college/graduate students between the ages of 20-28.
What: The scholarship includes paid registration for the Congress and paid hotel room (double occupancy) for five nights ($800 value).
Chicago-area Student Scholarship
Who: Open to all currently enrolled college/graduate students between the ages of 20-28 who live in close proximity to RCCongress 2010 (Cook, Lake, Kane, and DuPage counties).
What: The scholarship for students in the Chicago-area includes paid registration (a $250 value).
What to Expect
- Travel expenses and additional meal costs are student’s responsibility.
- Scholarship recipients must be present for the entire event.
- Scholarship recipients from outside the Chicago area are expected to arrive in Chicago on Tuesday, April 6.
Participation in RCCongress 2010 will include:
- Challenging plenary speakers on timely issues with global impact
- More than 50 skills-building workshops to teach you cutting edge communication
- Expert roundtable interest groups for information sharing among communications pros
- Networking and idea exchange with an interfaith, global gathering of communications professionals
How to apply
If you would like to attend the RCCongress 2010 and come in contact with communicators from a wide range of faith groups, we invite you to apply for a scholarship.
Please complete the appropriate application form by February 15, 2010:
Submit the following materials with the application:
- A description of your work related to communications
- Two letters of recommendation (from college professors in your field)
- An essay (approximately 500 words) about your interest in the field of religious communications and why you would like to attend the Congress